Wednesday 28 November 2018

Natter

I had a conversation with 5-year-old me.
The 5-year version of me is so playful, lively and carefree. She loves to enact characters to entertain her kith and kin.

Last evening, me and my 5-year-old version were sitting in our verandah and listening to the birds chirping while devouring our favourite ice-creams.

She was telling me about her friend with whom she had a fight few hours ago. She was saying all nice things about her. I asked her, 'Are you not angry from your friend for cheating in carrom-board? She said, 'No, not at all. Why would I? It was just a game." I again threw a question at her, "But she was just so rude, and you hate it when someone cheats. Don't you? How can you forgive her?" She said to me, "She is my friend. We play all day together. She does so much for me. We both are a shield for each other in school. Last time, she punched Rahul in his face for mocking me. I kicked Jay because he pushed her and she fell and bruised her leg. After these two incidents nobody dares to mess with us. We are a team, proud girl squad. Fights happen, its okay, we are like this only, we are used to it. She said sorry, she was genuinely feeling bad for whatever she did; and I said, its fine. Now everything is normal between us. We don't think much about it."

After answering me, she said, 'Now can I eat my ice-cream? Else, it will melt. And then you will have to buy me another one. I don't like to waste ice-cream, you know that very well. I said smiling, 'Sure!' and continued to eat my scoop.

That small conversation with her, made me realize that the main problem which I now face is "over-thinking" and making things complicated.

As we grow old, we tend to forget that life is not about holding grudges; we should not cling on negativity. We should stick to positivity. Everyone has good and bad traits in them. If someone wronged us. We shouldn't forget whatever good they had done for us in the past. We shouldn't forget the happy moments we have spent together.

And, over-thinking is a devil which needs to be tackled and conquered. We should learn to enjoy life's little moments.

Also, when life becomes miserable, just look towards your younger version. May be, you get an answer; because, sometimes, what we were as a kid has answers to our complicated questions.

A lot has changed in these years, but what has not changed is, love for nature and also, 'me and my 5-year-old version love ice-cream'. So much so that we can trade the world for it. *Just Kidding*



12 comments:

  1. Thank you shweta for this beautiful blog ❤️..... Actually mujhe issi ki jarurat thi....Life bahut complicated ho gayi hai yaar..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I am happy that I could help in some way. 😇

      Delete
  2. You are such an talented blogger ....You always know what your audience wants to read ❤️🤗👌👌👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that you feel so. 🙈 Really means a lot. Thank you so much. 😇❤️

      Delete
  3. Thanks shweta for this blog I think this point is related to everyone life. You have provided a positive and easy step to solve this problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you could relate to it. Really means a lot to me. Thanks a lot. 😇❤️

      Delete
  4. Yeah actually we complicate things a lot... Not forgiving someone is a burden on your own soul everytime you go through those memories... I did that mistake... but sooner I realized... secondly every line of this blog is beautiful... I was sleeping with heavy mind as lot of things are changing around me... But after reading it ... I feel sense of relieve & comfort to enjoy this change as well... its difficult but not impossible... Life is short & I need live all my dreams... Lots of luv & hugs for sharing this beautiful lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so so so HAPPY to read such a beautiful review. This is beyond my expectations. 🙈🙈 I am really thankful to you. I am beyond happy to know that you felt so much after reading it. To know that your writings could affect people in such beautiful ways is just so awesome feeling. The biggest compliment that I have ever got. May your worries disappear very soon. Stay Blessed dear. Lots of love and hugs back to you. 🤗🤗❤️❤️

      Delete
  5. You will not believe that it's me... So let it be for sometime... It's just that sometimes I overlook your work because whatever you do whether I read it or not... It's special for me undoubtedly... but today your blog was magical not because it helped me but because I didn't shared any of my problem with you but still I could feel you are sitting next to me & making me understand its not that complicated you can easily overcome it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, it was unbelievable for me. But I am happy, very happy. Yes, we can overcome whatever we want. Also, all these words, they REALLY MEAN A LOT to me.

      Delete
  6. Thank love for writing this for me.. Must say you are the epitom of positivity. It's very soulful nd as usual very motivational. You are such a young girl yet your views towards life, towards the universe, towards people are so matured . You can motivate me, always.. I am such a glad person to have you in my life... Lastly, looking forward to read more... You are a gifted writer so plz don't underestimate your writings, keep going.. World needs positive people like you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Woaahhh!!! So much of appreciation!!🙈🙈🙈 Its just too overwhelming to know that you feel so.🙈😍😇 This really really MEANS A LOT. I am so glad that you could relate to it so much and am really HAPPY to read such a BEAUTIFUL review.🙈😍😇 Thank you so much, Rim!❤️❤️ I will always try to live upto these expectations. Lots of LOVE!❤️

      Delete

Dear Heart

Dear Heart, I am sorry you bled when someone betrayed you. I am sorry you bled when you lost a beloved. I am sorry you bled when someone b...